InnovationKT'2013 Conference Venue, Hotel Bookings & Travel Arrangements
InnovationKT2013 will be hosted by Eddie Friel from the University of Ulster in Derry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland - 11 & 12 April 2013.
The conference itself will be held at the excellent City Hotel Derry and the University of Ulster's Magee campus.
The City Hotel Derry enjoys one of the most idyllic locations; perched on the banks of the River Foyle within 5 minutes walking distance of the historic Derry Walls. Browse the hotel's fascinating guide to Derry.
The University's Magee campus is situated on a hillside, in the cathedral city of Derry, overlooking the River Foyle in a mainly residential quarter of Derry. Northern Ireland's second city is famous, amongst other things, for its aforementioned walls, a symbol of the city's rich legacy of history and tradition.
Derry is a busy and expanding commercial centre which has been experiencing a sustained period of growth and regeneration; a process in which the University of ulster has played an important part. Derry is situated on the threshold of County Donegal, which is rightly famous for its wild and open beauty.
The conference venue is:-
City Hotel Derry
T: +44 (0)2871 365 800
Click here to see a map showing the location of the conference.
InnovationKT 2013 Accommodation
Accommodation has been provisionally reserved at preferential rates for InnovationKT2013 delegates as outlined in the table below.
*Please quote 'International Knowledge Transfer Conference' when booking to avail of a reduced conference delegate rate. Or visit here until 6th March to obtain your preferential rate.
|Hotel||Star Rating||Distance from City Centre||Rate||Website|
|City Hotel||4*||City Centre||£89 single||www.cityhotelderry.com|
|Best Western White Horse Hotel||3*||10 minute drive||£40pps
|Ramada da Vinci's Hotel||3*||2 minutes drive||£49 pps
These rooms have been provisionally reserved for InnovationKT2013 delegates. Hotels will only guarantee rooms up to 8 weeks before the event, therefore it is advisable that you book early to ensure preferred accommodation. There is also an extensive range of self-catering properties, B&B’s and guesthouses - please visit www.derryvisitor.com - for further details.
Getting to InnovationKT'13
City of Derry - Londonderry Airport - www.cityofderryairport.com
The City of Derry - Londonderry Airport is the regional airport for the North West of Ireland located seven miles from the City Centre. The airport offers direct flights to the following destinations: Glasgow Prestwick, Birmingham, Liverpool, London Stanstead, Alicante and Faro.
Belfast International Airport - www.belfastairport.com
Located 75 minutes from Derry ~ Londonderry City centre, the International Airport is served by major airlines with direct flights from many UK and European destinations, and a direct service from Newark, USA.
George Best Belfast City Airport - www.belfastcityairport.com
Located 90 minutes from Derry ~ Londonderry City centre, the City Airport is served by major airlines with direct flights from the main UK destinations.
Dublin Airport - www.dublinairport.com
Located less than a four hour drive from Derry ~ Londonderry , Dublin Airport has scheduled services from most UK and European destinations, Canada and United States.
Airlines that service Northern Ireland
- British Airways www.britishairways.com
- Ryanair www.ryanair.com
- Flybe www.flybe.com
- Aer Lingus www.aerlingus.com
- Easyjet www.easyjet.com
- Jet2 www.jet2.com,
- Continental Airlines (United) www.continental.com
- Air France www.airfrance.co.uk
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines www.klm.com
- Scandinavian Airline System www.flysas.com
- South African Airways www.flysaa.com
By SeaFerrries to Northern Ireland are available from
- Birkenhead (Liverpool)
- Douglas (Isle of Man)
- Belfast Harbour - www.belfast-harbour.co.uk
- Larne Harbour - www.portoflarne.co.uk
- Translink offer a bus, coach and train service from the Port of Larne and Belfast Harbour to a number of destinations throughout Northern Ireland. For further information, visit the Translink website - www.translink.co.uk or contact Translink on 0044 (0) 28 9066 6630 ?FREE 0044 (0) 28 9066 6630
By RailNorthern Ireland Rail (NIR) provides Derry - Londonderry (Waterside Railway Station) with intercity services to Belfast. They also provide an efficient intercity rail service which operates between Dublin and Belfast Central Station with a journey time of 2 hours and connected services from all major towns and cities in Ireland. For further information visit the NIR website at - www.translink.co.uk/ni-railways
By BusAirporter - www.airporter.co.uk The Airporter provides the only direct coach service between the Belfast Airports, Belfast City Centre and Derry ~ Londonderry. The Airporter operates a scheduled coach service between Belfast International Airport, George Best Belfast City Airport, Belfast City Centre and Derry ~ Londonderry seven days a week.
*Please quote InnovationKT2013 when booking the Airporter to avail of a 20% discount conference delegate rate on single and return tickets.
Ulsterbus - www.translink.co.uk Foyle Street Depot, Derry ~ Londonderry. Tel. 0044 (0) 28 7126 2261 FREE 0044 (0) 28 7126 2261
Europa Bus Centre, Belfast. Tel. 0044 (0) 28 9066 6630 FREE 0044 (0) 28 9066 6630
Busaras, Dublin. Tel. 00353 (0) 1836 6111 FREE 00353 (0) 1836 6111
- Desmond Motors & Rental - www.desmondmotors.co.uk- Tel: 0044 (0) 28 7136 7137 ?FREE 0044 (0) 28 7136 7137 (Derry ~ Londonderry Company)
- Avis - www.avis.co.uk - Tel: 0044 (0) 84 4544 6012 FREE 0044 (0) 84 4544 6012 (Based at Belfast International Airport, Belfast City Airport & City of Derry ~ Londonderry Airport)
- Budget - www.budget.ie Tel: 0044 (0) 28 9442 3332 FREE 0044 (0) 28 9442 3332 (Based at Belfast International Airport & Belfast City Airport)
- Europcar - www.europcar.co.uk Tel: 0044 (0) 28 9442 2285 FREE 0044 (0) 28 9442 2285 (Based at Belfast International Airport & City of Derry ~ Londonderry Airport)
- Hertz - www.hertz.co.uk Tel: 0044(0) 28 9442 2533 FREE 0044(0) 28 9442 2533 (Based at Belfast International Airport & Belfast City Airport & Derry ~ Londonderry City Airport)
- National Car Rental - www.nationalcar.co.ukTel: 0044 (0) 28 9442 2285 FREE 0044 (0) 28 9442 2285 (Based at Belfast International Airport & Belfast City Airport)